- Ranked among the poorest nations in the world
- A Democracy
- Capital City, Lilongwe
- Agricultural Economy
- 75% Christian, 25% Islam
- Primary Language Chichewa
Y-Malawi? To change our world…to change your world.
We care about missions. Yet, we are non-traditional. We do not send missionaries. We partner with proven, local, ministries already working on the front lines. We do this for three specific reasons.
1) These local ministries understand the culture, needs and environment. They know the people, what works and what will not. Time and money are not wasted trying to make outside ideas work.
2) Working with local partners provides the opportunity to effectively impact a broad base of development areas. Through our local partners specialization is applied to schools, children, youth, village leadership, healthcare, micro-finance, development, village leadership, and the local church.
3) Operating with a synergistic approach, our local partners accomplish results with incredible cost effectiveness. As duplication is reduced, and communications are improved, productivity and waste naturally fade away. The “do it all” approach is replaced with “do what I do best.”
The results speak for themselves. To leave this page and view our 2016 Annual Report Click Here.
- Incorporated 2007
- Approved 501 (c) (3)
- 100% Donation Supported
- Less than 15% Overhead Allocation
- 8 Member Board of Directors
- Guidestar Gold Seal of Financial Transparency
REAL SUSTAINABLE CHANGE IS HAPPENING!
- Deaths during maternity are down
- Malaria admissions down
- Nearly 5,000 commitments to Jesus during 2016
- 3,400 Chief’s Bible studies in place
- 145 micro-finance loans made during 2016
- New school blocks built
- Childhood marriages down
- Girls staying in school up
- Marriage seminars impacting family life
- Emergency food and water provided for those in need